×
Trump To Return To Social Media Within Months On His Own Platform, Senior Advisor Says.

Trump To Return To Social Media Within Months On His Own Platform, Senior Advisor Says.

Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump's 2020 campaign told that ex-president Donald Trump is returning to social media with his own network. A number of social media companies banned the president from their platforms after he used his account to promote his agenda and attack his critics.


Former President Donald Trump is coming back to social media -- but this time with his own network, a Trump spokesperson told Fox News on Sunday. One of his senior advisors promised that it “will be the hottest ticket in social media” after he was banned from Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms.

Speaking to Fox News’ MediaBuzz on Sunday, Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump’s 2020 campaign, said the former president will return to social media in “about two to three months on his own platform.”

 



 

 

"It's going to completely redefine the game. And everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what President Trump does, but it will be his own platform."

Miller continued: "Pay attention to Georgia tomorrow, on Monday. There's a big endorsement that's coming that's going to really shake things up in the political landscape in Georgia. It's big, it's coming tomorrow, and just be sure to tune in."

 



 

 

YouTube said earlier this month that it would lift Trump's ban on the site when the "risk of incitement to violence" abates. Trump was banned for life from Twitter, which he prolifically used to promote his agenda and attack his critics. His future presence on Facebook is being debated by an advisory board to the company.

 



 

 

Following the January 6 attack on the Capitol, a number of social media companies banned the president from their platforms, citing concerns over further incitement of violence. Twitter, Trump’s long-standing platform of choice, permanently suspended his account on January 8.

 



 

 

Mark Zuckerberg has said that incumbent President Donald Trump has been "banned indefinitely" after he appeared to condone the Capitol rioters in a video posted to Facebook. 

"The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden.

"His decision to use his platform to condone rather than condemn the actions of his supporters at the Capitol building has rightly disturbed people in the US and around the world.

"We removed these statements yesterday because we judged that their effect - and likely their intent -- would be to provoke further violence.

"Following the certification of the election results by Congress, the priority for the whole country must now be to ensure that the remaining 13 days and the days after inauguration pass peacefully and in accordance with established democratic norms."

Zuckerberg continued: "Over the last several years, we have allowed President Trump to use our platform consistent with our own rules, at times removing content or labeling his posts when they violate our policies.

"We did this because we believe that the public has a right to the broadest possible access to political speech, even controversial speech.

"But the current context is now fundamentally different, involving the use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government.

"We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great.

"Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete."

A spokesperson for Twitter later announced that Trump had been permanently suspended from the site as a result of his comments, stating:
"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them - specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter - we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence."

They added: "In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.

"Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on the principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.

"However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement."

Miller said, "There have been a lot of high-powered meetings he's been having at Mar-a-Lago with some teams of folks who've been coming in," he claimed that "numerous companies" have reached out to the former president about starting a social media venture.

"But I think the president does know what direction that he wants to head here and this new platform is going to be big and everybody wants him," Miller said. He said Trump's presence would attract "millions and ten of millions" of people to the venture.

 

Also Read: Donald Trump Is Happily Tweeting About Being Named The 'Most Admired Man' Of 2020!

Article Source: vt.co

Recommended for you