The woman's daughter had already eaten three chicken wings by the time she found the feathers in her McWings meal. Naturally, the post created a massive outrage on the web.
McDonald's may take pride in the fact that they only utilize 100 percent genuine chicken in their McNuggets and McWings, however, this might be taking things too literally! As of late, a lady in Beijing was in for an unexpected surprise when her McDonald's chicken wings arrived with actual feathers in it.
It wouldn't be wrong to say that she was naturally not "lovin' it," when her little girl bit into one of the wings and was hit by queasiness as she gagged on a sizable chunk of feathers. Be that as it may, by at that point, she had already eaten three chicken wings.
As per The Straits Times, the McWings were a part of a takeaway meal that was purchased on April 21. And while the young girl did not show any signs of sickness, her hunger was viably destroyed by the bizarre occurrence.
Following the unsavory episode, the young girl's highly angered mom went to the fast-food giant to gripe about the occurrence, however, she did not accept the hefty compensation offered by the outlet and posted a video of the highly unhygienic food provided by them.
In the posted video, the mum can be seen showing the McDonald's receipt alongside the McWings that had feathers in it. She can be heard saying, "My daughter thought it's the meat and took a big bite, but was shocked to find out it's a bunch of feathers."
"The feathers were still attached to the chicken wing. We have questions about how the restaurant handles food safety," the lady said amid a meeting with the Chinese media. And while she declined to take the remuneration, the lady filed a report with the state food and drug administration featuring the occurrence.
Consequently, the fast-food giant apologized on April 23 and said that it is currently investigating the case and it will improve restaurant management. Some social media users are throwing a couple of questions, however, saying that the feathers would not look like that on the off chance that they had gone through the deep fryer.
Another user proposed that it could be an instance of sabotage by a restaurant worker. In any case, this isn't the first run through the fast-food giant has made such a giant blunder. Previously, McDonald's issued an apology to a customer in China for serving her a bubble-tea laced with disinfectant, the South China Morning Post reported.