Molly Yeh from Food Network has uploaded a recipe for a popcorn salad that has really lit up social media and people have some opinions. The recipe consists of popcorn, mayo, sour cream, and peas. None of these things go together.
Many people share their love for cooking and mixing unconventional ingredients to come up with something good. However, Molly Yeh’s popcorn salad recipe is blowing people’s minds. It has really lit up social media and people have some opinions.
Yeh uploaded her method for making the fun, simple, crunchy, and apparently delicious salad that has a lot of unlikely food combinations.
me putting together a concoction when the fam asks if we still have food at home https://t.co/yqlOQvNAOZ— rihanna's blunt dealer (@cinnabonbbaby) April 11, 2021
The recipe consists of popcorn, mayo, sour cream, and peas. None of these things go together. After the video of the recipe was uploaded via the Food Network, it's since gone viral.
this has to be a parody. ain’t no way. https://t.co/gGZW9qpDF1— 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖚𝖇 (@KyrieeEleisonn) April 11, 2021
Netizens are baffled. Some are even saying that this has to be a joke since none of the ingredients make sense.
One person wrote,
"I usually don't like to police food choices, but if I come to your house expecting a meal and you give me popcorn covered in mayo, our association will be immediately terminated. Lose my number."
"Popcorn, Mayo AND cheese?????!!!! The toilet gonna be crying for weeks if you bring this out."
A third capped it off with,
"If you bring me out some soggy mayo popcorn I will be going to jail that day."
Unsurprisingly, it wasn't a massive win for a lot of people who reckon the sheer look of the dish on a laptop or smartphone screen is making them dry retch. But hey, don't knock it till you try it. It could actually be delicious
If you want to make the salad at home. Here’s the recipe:
· 1/3 cup popcorn kernels,
· Vegetable oil (as needed for popping)
· White Cheddar popcorn seasoning (for the popcorn)
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise,
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
· 1 shallot, thinly sliced
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut crosswise into thirds
· 1 cup shredded carrot
· 1 cup chopped celery plus 1/2 cup tender inner celery leaves
· 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces.
Here's the method:
1. Pop the popcorn in a popcorn popper according to the manufacturer's instructions. While still hot, sprinkle with the white Cheddar popcorn seasoning to taste. Let cool completely. (You should have about 12 cups.)
2. Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar, and Dijon together in a large serving bowl. Stir in the shallot. Season with salt and pepper (remembering that the popcorn will also be salty).
3. Add the snap peas, carrot, and chopped celery and toss to coat. Add the popcorn and toss to coat the kernels in the dressing. Pile the watercress on top and sprinkle with the celery leaves. Serve immediately.
Let us know in the comment section if you will be trying out this bizarre recipe.
Article Source: LadBible