×
Seven-Year-Boy With Cerebral Palsy Crawls Into Parents' Bedroom To Save The Family From Gas Leak!

Seven-Year-Boy With Cerebral Palsy Crawls Into Parents' Bedroom To Save The Family From Gas Leak!

There were four beeps from the alarm. Angie quickly googled what it meant and was terrified to learn that their house was at a ‘critical level’ of the deadly gas! Angie Martinez immediately called the helpline and she was instructed to open all windows of her house right away.

Michael Martinez, from Texas, is a seven-year-old boy with cerebral palsy. Last month, Michael, who is a wheelchair user, managed to save his family’s life from a lethal gas leak.

 

Michael

 

Michael told Fox News that he was asleep in his house in Aledo, Texas, when he was woken up by a loud beeping ringing in the house.
He quickly realized that he was the only one who had heard the sound, so he quickly jumped to action.
Being a patient of cerebral palsy, Michael usually use a wheelchair to move about, but he decided to crawl to his parents’ room to wake up his mother, Angie Martinez.
Apart from Michael and his parents, his aunt and three cousins were also on the property.

 

alarm went off in time to wake up Michael

 

On waking up, initially Angie thought that the beeping sound was from the smoke alarm indicating low battery. But she soon realized that it was in fact their carbon monoxide alarm.
There were four beeps from the alarm. Angie quickly googled what it meant and was terrified to learn that their house was at a ‘critical level’ of the deadly gas!
Angie Martinez immediately called the helpline and she was instructed to open all windows of her house right away.
The next step she took was to awakening all of the family. They all ran out of the house in such a hurry that they didn’t even bother to wear socks or shoes!
Since then, the family can’t stop talking about how Michael saved them all!

 

Michael with his mother

 

Angie told Fox news that she was feeling very sick and nauseous by the time they all reached outside. She also informed that Michael’s aunty experienced chest pain!
The parents were really proud of their son’s bravery! Angie praised her son’s heroic action. She said,” We told him that he is our hero. If it wasn’t for him, we probably never would have woken up."
 
The mom added: "Many people look at people with disabilities like they are not able to do much, but Michael showed everyone just how untrue that is."

Michael is his mom and dad’s little miracle, but some things are still hard.
“Whenever I take him to school the kids stare at him. He wants to play, and he wants to run like the other kids. We have our moments where we … Michael and I just cry and just hold each other,” Angie Martinez said.

 



 


Later on it was discovered that the reason of gas leak was that one of the stove burners was left on accidently which started building up carbon monoxide in their house.
As per NHS website, carbon monoxide is an odorless and tasteless gas. It can deprive the body of oxygen if inhaled in large quantity.

After word spread about the youngster's heroism, a GoFundMe was launched in an effort to buy Michael a brand new wheelchair.

 

GoFundMe

 

The GoFundMe, started by Michael's aunt, also states: "Michael will be undergoing future surgeries and therapies to help him be able to walk. That is his desire of his heart is to one day walk.

"Let's help out this hero and please donate whatever God has put in your heart to give this hero."

Well done, Michael! You're a true hero!

Article source: vt

Also read: 7 Years Old Boy Heroically Rescues Sister From Burning House

Recommended for you