After achieving a knockout win over Nate Robinson, Jake Paul has sensationally claimed that a fight with Conor McGregor is "gonna happen."
In a recent fight Youtuber, Jake Paul had defeated the NBA player Nate Robinson. It was a brutal fight. After which Nate Robinson was taken to the hospital. This was his second knock out win. Now after winning the fight he challenged McGregor to fight with him.
However, many people on social media criticized him. Teddy Atlas, former trainer of Mike Tyson also criticized and also tweeted against the rules that Nate should not be allowed as he is not trained. While Amanda Serrano, a seven-weight world champion is against the matches between Youtubers and the players.
Their match was the undercard for the much-awaited exhibition of Tyson vs. Jones Jr., which ended in a draw.
Robinson, 36, received Paul's vicious right hook to his chest, which forced the former sports star to drop face-first on the ground.
JAKE PAUL JUST PUT NATE ROBINSON TO SLEEP pic.twitter.com/UkKYVX3jGW— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) November 29, 2020
Robinson then seemed to be unconscious for a brief amount of time, but after getting medical attention, he was able to get up on his feet. He was then admitted to the hospital, according to the Evening Standard.
This is the second 23-year-old Paul knock-out victory. His first victory was his January boxing debut over fellow YouTuber AnEsonGib.
After the battle, Paul called out a handful of other people he would like to fight, including UFC star Conor McGregor.
He said in the interview:
I’m taking this seriously. There’s a long list of opponents that I want. Conor McGregor, Dillon Danis, I’m going to knock them both out.
There’s my brother, there’s KSI on the line, Austin McBroom. I want to be in this sport a long time. I’m in love with it, so why not.
Twitter users were able to point out that for Paul this would be a huge move and poked fun at the possibility of the two fightings.
Jake Paul saying he could knock out Conor McGregor. pic.twitter.com/aQ6ZOGgnFp— Peter Chao (@Pyrobooby) November 29, 2020
Jake Paul did not just call out Conor McGregor pic.twitter.com/QB4VUdV163— Tristan Rogers (@terogers5) November 29, 2020
Jake Paul tryna go from Nate Robinson to Connor McGregor pic.twitter.com/YGgwa11JlA— Black Paladin (@ablackpaladin) November 29, 2020
Although the YouTuber seems to continue to compete for the near future in the sport, some sports stars have called for stopping celebrity matches such as Paul vs Robinson.
Teddy Atlas, Mike Tyson's former mentor, tweeted his disappointment that Robinson had been allowed to reach the ring to fight Paul, a boxer-trained man. 'I don't care about athletes or not,' he said, 'stop allowing guys who don't know how to fight a ring. In reality, Paul trained to fight. Terrifying.'
He then questioned, ‘Why have a California commission if they allow this?’
Robinson- Paul, this is not a fight, it’s about to be goodnight, all Paul has to do is throw punch as Robinson comes. #TysonJonesJr— Teddy Atlas (@TeddyAtlasReal) November 29, 2020
Agreeing with this, seven-weight world champion Amanda Serrano wrote:
They need to STOP this Stupid Celebrity boxing thing. Boxing is a serious game. Nothing to be doing for YouTube likes. Most amateurs turning pro fight 4 rds these guys debuting in a 6 rdr. Someone’s going to get really Hurt one day. Not cool at All [sic].
Whether or not you're on board with celebrity fights, you can't argue that Robinson's Paul's KO was pretty brutal.
Article Source: Unilad